Sunday, March 17, 2013

I can see the finnish line....

I have LOTS of new work to list and share here, but first, I wanted to stop in this weeked and share some breaking news: I am finally moving into my NEW masterbedroom addition! Yay!

It has been a long year of ups and downs, but I can finally rest my head in a comfy spot reserved just for hubby and I on our private third floor master bedroom. I won't share all just yet, after all, I've only just moved up here and there are tons of details to finnish, but here's a sneak peek:

This long bright hallway will soon feature a floor-to-ceiling glass wall, a feature I had in mind from the beginning of the design process and had to fight for more than a few times during construction.

The bed and the wall behind it still need some work, but I have to say it's sooooooo great to have a bed again after three months of sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

This shadow box with gold framing once belonged to my grandmother, then my mother, so I really want to make it a focal point in the room. For now, it sits atop my dresser and holds some of my jewellery and nail polish.

I haven't had a full length mirror in th house since we purchased it (7 years ago, eep) so I figured this corner of the room was the perfect locale (and I just love how it reflects the light here).

This ledge (which sits just to the right of the bed) was one of many "decisions on the fly" during this process. I had to make it work as we had to cover up some plumbing pipes for our NEW master bathroom. Not what I had in mind, but now it's a great art ledge and spot for my brid cage/jewellery stand.

so thrilled to finally have a room of our own!

I'll be back soon to share some more pics, including the masterbath and office, oh and some great new work too:)

I hope that you are somewhere warm, bright and cosy this weekend. xxoo Penny.

No comments: