Friday, February 10, 2012

Making Today: Napkin Rings

Hello:) Today, I decided to make some new napkin rings for a dinner party we're having with friends tonight. It's a csual BBQ type dinner, so I wanted to keep it light and simple. The napkins, made by my talented friend and fab textile designer, Saskia, are my favourite shade of sunny yellow and feature lovely little brids in various colours.

To make the napking rings, I used some fused glass cabs that I had left over from making some jewelry (but you could used anything with a flat back side for this). First, I glued a pad used to make a bolo style tie (I get mine at a jewelry supply store locally and must say that they come in handy for so many things)and let them set for about 3 hours:

Then, when the pads were set on the back, I threaded some ribbon through the back and flatened the ends down:
Then I tied the ribbon in a loose knot around the napkins and ces't fini!
Now I get to spend the afternoon cooking up some yummy bbq. Hope you get to spend the weekend with those you love. xxoo Penny

No comments: