Saturday, October 15, 2011

New!

Penny Glass Girl has been working up a stom this week in preperation for the busy holiday season. New work is being posted all the time, including the return of my One of a Kind Millefiori (meaning, a thousand flowers) Glass Pendants. I love making these and can't imagine why I stopped for awhile. The process of layering the glass and fusing them to 1500 degrees means that I never quite know what the end result will look like until the kiln has finally cooled and I can peek inside - very exciting!
The Title of these pendant, "Earth and Flowers" was inspired by one of my favourite quotes, "Earth laughs in flowers." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson. The mix of the millefiori glass centres, made in Murano, and bright hued glass makes me think of cheerful days in the garden. You can find the pendants here:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like that

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.