Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Try Something New - Starting Over

Today, Day 5 of my Try Something New project, I was finally able to begin the final stages of my new studio makeover.

The project began almost a year ago, when in this post I spoke about my studio reno.



Well, as life would have it that room did get renovated, but not for me. My Mother, newly retired and in need of some company, ended up moving in with us. While I am so happy that this event occurred, it happened suddenly and we all had to make sacrifices in the short term. For me, that meant giving up my studio reno to make a bedroom. We now have 5 people, 2 cats and 1 dog in our urban 1900 square foot living space, and while we are a happy bunch and all well-loved, it hasn't been easy.

For the last eight months I have been without a permant work space. I have toiling away, in the garage, the laundry room, the basement (have I mentioned I detest spiders!) anywhere I could find a little bit of room for my work table.

To tell the turth, I have been miserable working this way, but today that all changes, as I was able to begin to move into my NEW STUDIO. It's a lot smaller than the room I had originally planned on having, but it gets amazing light and it's all for me!

I just started filling it today, here a just a few of the things I have to work on (trust me, it's all a labour of love).




I will be back this week with more pics of my lovely new space to be:)

No comments: