Friday, January 22, 2010

Try Something New Day 3

Day Three of my Try Something New Project was spent with my youngest little boy in his Dalcroze Eurhythmics music class in our wonderful neighbourhood music school for parent participation day.



The Dalcroze method is a creative approach to learning music through body movements and by going to the class, something I normally couldn't do when I was working outside of my own business, I was able to participate first-hand in something I would otherwise just heard about.

It was really interesting to see how the teacher could focus a group of four year olds on such big tasks, such as learning rythm, tempo, ear-traing etc., using something that is more familiar to them - moving their bodies. It was also cool to see that my once shy little guy is coming out of his shell and is actually taking on a leadership roles. Sweet.

Here are some additional links for Dalcroze Eurhythmics:

http://www.dalcrozeusa.org/
https://www.msu.edu/user/thomasna/

I'll be back Monday with something New!

No comments: