Monday, January 18, 2010

2010 Trying Something New

Ok, I realize it's a little late for a new year's post. It's already January 20th and I haven't updated my little blog in oh so long, yet here I am, with renewed hope and promise for a new year - 2010 - holy moley.

I would love to say that I have been away becuase I have been working feverishly on all my new goodies, but it just isn't so.

I would love to say that my adoring children have kept me tied in knots with their constant demands, but the truth is they are kind of being good at doing for themselves lately (sigh).

I would love to blame it on a busy social life full of glamourous events and outings that take me away from home and computer for days on end. Actually, that's not entirely true either, I kind of like my quiet life and close friends and small gatherings.

The HONEST truth is that I have been in a rut. A post-holiday kind of rut that has made me rethink life, work, and my general well-being. BORING! So, after I was done feeling sorry for myself, I decided to embark on a little something to jump start my creative juices again.

2010 will be the year of the NEW for me. I decided to try at least one (1)new thing everyday and document it here. It may be a new craft, a new food, or just a new challenge to make my small little life (which I have to say is rather ok as it is) just a tiny bit larger.

Today is DAY 1. I took a sewing machine esstentials class at the adorable Workroom and finally learned, or at the very least tried to sew. It actually wasn't today, it was 2 weeks ago, but I had to start somewhere and I wanted it to be with this post becuase I was so very proud of myself (even with all the little imperfections).



Here's to trying something NEW, I'll be back tomorrow with another new adventure - I really am looking forward to what 2010 will bring.

No comments: