Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Soup's On



A few weeks ago, I posted about my Soup Club (post found here) I had such a good time sharing, I thought I would try it again.

This week's receipe was for my family, as I don't think it would reheat very well for my club. The essentials for this receipe are a slow cooker (my $60.00 investment has served me well), fresh veggies and patience (it smells so good while it's cooking it's hard to wait!).


Here's the recipe!

Pasta Soup

Fresh Ingredients:

2 cups fresh spinach, corasly chopped
1 cup thawed peas (I used Lima beans cause that's what I had).
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 tsp salt

Pasta
1 pkg frozen cheese ravioli cooked.

Vegetable Stock:
2 each carrots and ribs celery, chopped
2 onions (with skin), chopped
1 plum tomato
3 cloves garlic, halved
1 pkg (14g) dried mixed mushrooms
1/4 tsp each salt and peppercorns
2 bay leaves

Vegetable Stock:
1) Put all ingredients listed under "vegetable stock" above into slow cooker. Cover with about 7 cups of water. Cook on low until veggies are soft and tender (6-8 hours).
2) Strain into a saucepan, squeezing to extract all liquid.
3) Bring stock to a boil over medium-high heat.
4) Add items listed under "fresh ingredients" above. Simmer until spinach is wilted.
5) Divide ravioli among four bowls. Ladle Soup over top.

Happy eating!

2 comments:

jenscloset said...

Looks wonderful!! I love to cook! You have a great blog!

webmaster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.